Thursday, March 19, 2009

Okay, for real!?!?

After being a Children's Pastor for many years I discovered along the way something I call, "Object Lessons Waiting To Happen." For instance, you're in a convenience store and there is an energy drink called "Superman," object lesson waiting to happen. You see a giant gummy foot, a can of candies called "Toxic Waste," you get the idea. Things that I usually buy put in a drawer and wait for the right time/lesson that they apply to. Over the years it's been a really fun thing for me.

Now that I've started to blog and have a camera phone I've discovered a whole new category I call, "Oh, that's blogworthy." Truthfully, it's only blogworthy if I say it is which is probably up for discussion. Beth and all my other friends who care, I know blogworthy isn't a word but I'm making it a word to go along with the things that I think are blogworthy. Snarky little thing aren't I?

So for my first installment I'm going to include two items that seem so ridiculous to me I'm not even sure I'll comment about them.


I lied, I will comment...

Only whipped cream is supposed to come out of those cans people. Because who wants to squirt pancake batter in their mouth. Oh, you know you do it too!!! And if you don't you should, it's great fun.

Notice it's not just Batter Blaster but Organic Batter Blaster.










In case you can't read that tag, and I'm pretty sure you can't it says, Toeless Socks! TOELESS SOCKS?!? I don't even understand this. I even looked them up on the internet to see if there was anything I missed. Rest assured there's no need for you to check. There is no good reason. I don't even think this counts a a fashion statement. I did read that you could wear this with flip flops but if you need to wear socks with flip flops why...are you wearing flip flops.

Blogworthy, don't ya think?

4 comments:

  1. OMG..WHERE did you find the batter blaster! We used to buy it from costco, and then they quit carrying it. Great convenience breakfast...especially since it has the great marketing tool called "ORGANIC' written across it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Might I say, that is an excellent photo of the batter blaster - such wonderful lighting and background. And those socks - "Gross! I don't like them!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the beautiful thing about blogging...few rules of writing apply. I love to make up words and "blogworthy" is just lovely! Oh, FYI, I will starve to freaking death before I will ever make squirt pancakes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete